They say there are two types of happiness. One is the kind of happiness that you only realize after the moment passes. The other is a happiness you feel at the very moment.
- Episode 16, Dream High

Because you are my everything.
Search below!!

Whatcha' Lookin' For???!!1?!

Monday, July 18, 2016

The Real Secrets

Hey guys ! So for today's blog post rather than posting about kdramas and the recent controversies in kpop that have been happening, I'm gona do a review on popular Korean cosmetic brands. One of the most convenient stores closer to me would be The Face Shop as well as Nature Republic. I do have a few products from innisfree as well as etude house, but these products haven't arrived yet. ( I will do a review on those soon!!) 

1) Nature Republic
First off, if you don't have a store nearby you I definitely do recommend using a  "middle man" online websites such as ebay or amazon. As far as I know, Nature Republic does not have an online store, but rather a website featuring all their products. I do recommend that you check their website if you're ever curious about products.

Cleansers--

Product #1: Bamboo Charcoal Mud Pack
** they don't sell these anymore, but they do sell something similar: Bamboo Charcoal & T-zone Pack.** (All in all, the two do do the same things, but the price has increased for these items)

This product actually works very well. As most products are, they don't work right away, but instead they work overnight. For me, this product brightens my skin as well as replenishes it. If I ever have to get rid of blackheads or such items around my nose (trust me, I have a lot to get rid of) this is definitely my first go to product. It may feel weird when you're applying this at first, but after awhile you get use to the feeling.

This is usually around $5 (I got it right before they were taking it off the shelves so it did cost me $5 and I totally agree with this price because it does go a long way. I bought this pack 7-8 months ago and I still have it)

How to Use:
1) Wash face and hands
2) Dry face and hands
3) Squeeze a little bit onto your finger/palm of your hands
4) Spread onto the desired areas
5) Wait approximately 10 minutes (do not go longer, I have experienced this, but your face feels tacky afterwards and it does harm to your skin. The product doesn't work as well as it should past 10 minutes)
6) Wash off your face with lukewarm water.

Tip: DON'T USE A LOT IN ONE SETTING. INSTEAD, USE A LITTLE BIT, (AS CLICHE AS THIS SOUNDS) A LITTLE DOES GO A LONG WAY.

Product #2: Nature Republic cleansing Aloe Natural Fermentation Aloe Cleaning Tissue
** In store, this is a 1+1 deal and it's typically $11 without tax**

I usually use this product as a make up wipe just because it's conventional as well as I simply don't have any make up wipes at my disposal. By using this, I can assure myself that there isn't anything weird or gross on my skin as it picks it up. Just like most wipes, there is a refreshing feeling and something similar to being cleansed.

It is $11 for two packs (250 sheets/pack) so it is up to your call to whether it's worth the money or not. I'm sure that you can find a similar product to this at a cheaper price.

How to Use:
There's no real way to use this product, but rather use it as if you were cleaning your face with a towel, but with more care.



Product #3: Nature Republic Fresh Herb Acerola Cleansing Foam
**I'm sure this is in store, but there are other scents, but I'm (80% sure) that they pretty much have the same effect, but used with different ingredients.**

One of the reasons why I decided to buy this product was because of the price. First of all, it came at the price of $4 and I was quite suprised because I haven't seen a quality cleanser at that type of price (not quite justifiable but still.) This product works very well, but you have to be very careful not to get it into your eyes. (ps it really hurts...) This product makes my face becomes much brighter as well as smoothing out my skin. I am prone to redness on my cheeks, but this products helps reduce the redness and the size of my pimples. I was very pleased with the price and the results of this !!

This was $4 and I think it's worth the price. There are other scents, but they are about a dollar more, but what I found which is pretty weird was that this product was larger and cheaper than the other cleansers. The workers there didn't really help with clarification as they were confused as well.

How to Use:
1) Make sure that your face as well as hands are wet in order for the product to work.
2) Put some of the product on your palm
3) Move your fingers in a circular motion over the cleanser in order to create bubbles
4) apply to the face and desired areas
5) wash off with lukewarm water



Product #4: Nature Republic Face Masks
**The deals for these are quite amazing -- 10+10, so this is a really good 'go to' product if you're buying it for a group of people!!**

I used the Nature Republic Blueberry as well as the Lotus Face Masks. These definitely aren't the most popular "flavors", but I do think that these work very well. My face was fully moisturized after and the product wasn't itchy on my face which is nice.

The deals for face masks are quite remarkable and there are specials where if you buy a certain amount, you can save at your next purchase. At my local Nature Republic, if you buy more than 20$, you get a EXO fan and at $30-40 you get a EXO puzzle piece. This is definitely appeal to kpop fans, but if you spend more than $30, after gaining 5 stars (aka five visits with the purchase of over $30, you can get 15% off your next purchase) I'm not quite sure about these, but do definitely sign up!

How to Use:
1) Make sure that your face has been cleansed and washed before applying
2) apply the mask accordingly
3) keep it on for 10-20 minutes
4) take off -- if preferred gently clean your face (some people don't like the feeling after wearing masks)

Make Up--
Product #5: Nature Republic Provence Two Way Pact SPF 50+ PA+++
** This product is a bit on the pricer end, but I don't do make up very often so I can't give you any real expertise on this, but rather what I have been doing**

What this product does for me is make my skin much brighter and fresher. I do usually apply this after having concealer on (but this occasional) Sometimes I do directly apply this to my face without any previous products. This definitely does help with brightening.

I was quite intrigued by the product as well as the effects my friends have told me about. However, I don't use this on a daily basis, so my reasons aren't justifiable. I do enjoy using the product, but not for the price it came at.

How to use:
1) This is up to preferences, but it is best to use when you feel you still need brightening
2) This works well as a powder type of look and covers dark circles well
3) Evenly apply this to your face, so that it isn't caked on

Product #6: Nature Republic Eyebrow Coating Cara
** This was around $5 for me and I thought it was pretty useful and it showed well in the results**

This product makes your eyebrows definitely look like they're done. Nature Republic has recommended that you use this product for straight eyebrows (something similar to kpop idols.) I do enjoy using this product, but I haven't gotten use to it yet. I do like using the pencils better, but this is glossy and is similar to apply mascara.

How to Use:
1) This is also up for debate and it truly depends on your preferences
2) Comb through your eyebrows (but for me only the ends need to be colored or else the middle parts will look a little bit too dark compared to the rest)
3) Apply from the peak to the beginning of your eyebrows in the opposite direction of hair growth
-- this product is really up to your preferences on how you want your eyebrows to be done --

No comments:

Post a Comment