They say there are two types of happiness. One is the kind of happiness that you only realize after the moment passes. The other is a happiness you feel at the very moment.
- Episode 16, Dream High

Because you are my everything.
Search below!!

Whatcha' Lookin' For???!!1?!

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

First Concert Experience + Tips !

OHMYGOODNESS HAHA So, on July 11th, 2016, I experienced my first ever concert. I know, a lot of kpop fans have gone to multiple concerts before the age of 15, but my parents are restrictive so give me a chance. So, first of all the ticket buying process. I have mentioned this situation before and well, it didn't go as smoothly as I would have liked, but there is nothing I could've possibly done to change the system. I countlessly emailed the event company (or whatever you call them), but I either didn't get a reply or simply got a misleading answer. If you ever purchase tickets through SubK and ultimately, AXS, just know that you definitely have to get online way earlier than they say the release time is. From what I know, more than half of the P2 sections for both concerts, were already sold. Which ultimately leads to the idea that there's a lot of false hope given when buying tickets, so just be careful. (but cudos to sam -- if you're reading this -- for getting us P3 and being able to see practically everything.) When the day of the concert actually arrived, I had previously planned for my mom to take me to the venue extra early (1 PM--the doors open at 6) in order to get well, quality standing areas. However, things didn't go as smoothly as I wanted them to be so I ended up arriving with my friends around 5, but we still got a good standing area (aka behind the camera man) which I'm not complaining for.... The lesson I have learned is that if you do decide to get P3 (and it's in a standing area) I think going too early would be a bit useless unless you really wanna try to get within the P2 area. But as far as I know for this concert, P2 and P3 were blended together whereas P1 had their own separate section with a guard blocking it off (checking tickets) All in all, this concert was a major success (as security was pretty tight, thank you) and it was quite enjoyable even though the people in front of me enjoyed waving around their rolled up poster T_T . SO IF YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO READ MY LIFE STORY HERE ARE SOME TIPS I WOULD GIVE YOU ABOUT CONCERTS, EVEN THOUGH I'VE ONLY GONE TO ONE.....................................................

1) Never release your tickets unless you know you can get better ones (for sure.) 
-- I had my friend release our Day1 P3 seating tickets thinking we could get better ones due to the price differences, but the concert ended up being sold out. However, luckily, they decided to add a second day -- 
2) Know that ticket groups like to buy multitudes of tickets in order to resell at a higher price.
-- StubHub was selling tickets for $400 (P2) when they originally costed only 200-300 max..-- 
3) When buying tickets, there is ALWAYS false hope. 
--When your screen says that the section is available, but when you click it multiple times, no options pops up, its most likely sold out ... --
4) Don't go too early for P3 (only if it's a small venue) 
-- My friends and I arrived about 2 hours earlier than when the doors open and we got pretty quality standing areas (we could practically see everything even though we were towards the back) -- 
5) If you're short like me, chances are platform shoes/heels are your best friends. 
-- From where I was standing, only the camera stand was in my way which was pretty nice, but other than that I could see properly which pleased me -- 

No comments:

Post a Comment